Originally posted to TelecomNewsroom,
- Survey finds 85% of Irish companies currently deploying cloud technology
- 91% are considering or planning increased cloud adoption in the next year
- 60% of businesses quote security concerns as the biggest barrier to increased cloud adoption
- More than three-quarters say legal jurisdiction in which data is held affects their cloud provider choice
- More than 58% are using multiple cloud service providers
Dublin, 11 May 2017 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data centre company, today announces the results of an independent survey* of senior IT decision-makers in Ireland, which found that the average medium to large enterprise will spend on average €190,000 on cloud technology and services in the next 12 months. The survey shows that about 85% of businesses are currently deploying cloud technology. More than half (53%) already have plans to increase deployment in the next year and a further 38% are considering increasing their cloud usage.
The findings show that cloud technology is widely deployed by Irish enterprises and as they embark on their digital transformation journeys, businesses are relying on their cloud service providers (CSPs) to help them become digitally competitive. When asked to list their top reasons for using cloud technology, 48% said it provides them with the ability and flexibility to scale, while 34% said it helps with speed of deployment.
Despite the clear competitive advantage of using cloud, businesses face barriers to adoption, or increased adoption. Security risks were listed by 60% of the respondents when choosing the top barriers. That was followed by loss of control of data and governance (50%) and the high costs associated with deployment (38%).
To read the full article please click here.