Originally posted on TelecomNewsroom
Video Interviews are Very Different Animal and New to Many Potential Candidates – Read on and Good Luck!
- Get on the link early. Sometimes there are problems getting on and being late for a video interview is a no no. Making a good impression means you may have to wait for them. It’s better to ensure they know you respect their time and appreciate the opportunity. Also, make sure you have a dial in number ready if your video has a poor connection or fails.
- Background noise can be a real problem. Find a quiet spot. Use the mute button when needed.
- High energy is a must but too high energy could be a deal breaker. Be yourself. Smile and stay engaged, don’t allow yourself to be distracted.
- Dress for success. While it may seem like a casual setting, dress professionally. Make sure the bottoms match the top, some companies want to be sure the people they interview are dressed for the occasion top to bottom.
- Make sure you’re in well-lit place with a clean and organized background ready for video (picture perfect)
- Research the company and people interviewing you and as appropriate share what you learned.
To read the full article please click here.